1. What Personal Information we collect and how
We collect information so that we can provide a better service to all of our customers and a better website with improved navigation.
Alternative Systems Protection and subsidiaries respect your concerns about privacy. We want you to know we use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website and this includes using cookies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer.
This information may include basic personal data such as:
- Your name
- Your work or home address
- Your email addresses
- Your telephone numbers
- Your place of work
- Your job titles
- The nature of your enquiry
We collect information the following ways:
a) Information you provide us –when signing up to our guides, requesting a quote and/or requesting a survey, we will ask for personal information like your name, email address and telephone numbe
b) Information we gain from your website journey- We collect information about what services you are interested in and how you gain access to our website through IP tracking and Cookie tracking through third parties.
Such information includes:
- Device information – what device has been used to reach our website
- Location – where our visitors are located within and out with the UK
- Details of how you have used our website, such as your search queries, the pages visited, time spent on our website and your activity whilst on our website
- Frequency – how often you have visited our website
Your visit to this website and all information and data collected is done so on a voluntary basis. All information and exchanges between you and our business is done so with your consent.
We will keep all information and data collected to a minimum and will not seek sensitive information through our website. Sensitive information is defined as being data relating to gender, occupation, ethnic origin, mental state, physical state, orientations including political, religious or other points of view.
If you believe that your information and data is being used in a manner outside of our normal business operations you should contact us using the details found below.
2. How we use information that we collect
Under the new data protection law that started in May 2018 (GDPR) we have a number of lawful reasons allowing us to use (or ‘process’)
your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called ‘legitimate interests’.
Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if: “We have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests”
So, what does this mean?
When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests to protect people and property with pride, professionalism and integrity, though we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
We will process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business to enable us to give you the most appropriate information on the security industry, our service delivery and products and provide the best and most secure experience.
We also use this information to offer you tailored content – by providing you with more articles that you have shown an interest in and more offers relevant to your interests.
A legitimate interest Audit has been completed in line with GDPR
3. Information that we share
As a business we work in partnership with third parties to ensure operational effectiveness of processes and our generate status to fulfill our day to day functions. Third parties will include:
- Our website hosting company
- Our email technology company
- Our website analytics provider
- Our information support company
- Our banking company
- Our accreditation companies such as CHAS, Safe Contractor, Constructionline and SSJIB
We will not sell or lease your information and we do not compile information for that purpose. No information will be provided to third parties that are not part of our business operations.
4. Protecting your personal information
We work hard to keep your personal information safe and secure by:
HTTPS website – All website visits occur under the secure encryption HTTPS protocol. All enquiry and order forms will be processed on the website within the HTTPS protocol
- Password policies that ensure all passwords are changed every 3 months. Should a person leave our organization, we shut their access and passwords down with immediate effect
- Internal access restrictions – our internal software is built to only allow certain access to personal information.
- People are only permitted access should this be required for them to fulfill their contractual employment.
- Firewalls, Anti-virus, Anti-malware on all of our hardware and software
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that your details are secure
5. Data Retention
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for as outlined in section 2, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the purposes for which we process your personal data amount whether legitimate interest, contract obligation or lead requirements, the nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data- and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time, so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business. There is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Honesty and Transparency
Your rights under GDPR are as outlined below:
- You can request access to your personal information and data
- You can update and amend your own personal information and data to keep accurate
- You can request your personal information or data to be deleted
- You can object to the processing of your personal information and data
- You can request that we stop processing your information and data
- You can request that your information and data be delivered to yourself or a third party
- You can object to profiling or automated decision making that could impact on you
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the information commissioner’s office.
If you are unhappy about the data that we collect or the information that we are sending you, you can take control by:
Unsubscribing – if you unsubscribe then we won’t email you again. The system we use to issue you any information will not allow any future emails to be sent once you have unsubscribed
If we have any inaccurate or outdated information for you, please email us at email@example.com and we will immediately correct this for you
If you change your mind at any time write to us on the below address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our database.
We also offer Service Packages to suit your needs
We strive to create a customer relationship based on confidence and trust. We are qualified experts in installing some of the industry’s best products.